A.PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT
- Your privacy is important to us, and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than is necessary for us to provide you with our services and to protect any account(s) you hold with us.
- In general, you may browse the Website without providing any of your personal information. However, Suppliers are required to register for an account once our Business Department has certified you as a supplier. The information that we may require for account registration includes, without limitation, company name, company number, registered address, telephone number, email address, and fax number (“Account Information”).
- Buyers will not have the ability to purchase the products (including, but not limited to, home furnishing products, building materials, household hardware and builder hardware) (“Lesso Products”) on the Website. All sales and purchase of the Lesso Products will take place at the relevant physical service points (“Service Point”). We will also collect your personal information (e.g., your name, telephone number, delivery address, types and specifications of the Lesso Products that you wish to purchase, and pricing information when you decide to purchase the Lesso Products; collectively “Transaction Information”) at such Service Point.
- In addition, we record and retain details of your browsing activities on the Website, including but not limited to IP addresses, real-time geographical location data, and browsing patterns. In addition, we gather statistical information about the Website and visitors to the Website including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions, and unique visitors (together, “Browsing Information”).
- Account Information, Transaction Information and Browsing Information generally relate to business entities and are together referred to as business data. If such business data constitutes personally identifiable data of living individuals, such information is together referred to as personal data (“Personal Data”).
- We will maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural controls to safeguard your Personal Data. Your Personal Data will only be accessed by our authorized representatives and authorized Service Providers, and they are held accountable for adhering to strict policies and procedures to prevent any misuse of your Personal Data. However, you should be aware that no system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of information that you transmit to us or receive from us over the Internet.
B.PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
If you provide any Personal Data to us, you are deemed to have authorized us to collect, retain, process and use the personal information about you for the following purposes:
- to verify your eligibility to register as a user of the Website, process your registration as a user, provide you with a member ID for the Website, and maintain and manage your registration;
- to provide you with customer services including but not limited to processing orders and effecting sales of products sold on the https://us.lessohome.com/ website and the provision of other customer services such as delivery services;
- to provide you with our promotional materials (including but not limited to updates to our Website) with your consent;
- to perform research or statistical analysis to improve the content and layout of the Website, to improve our product offerings and services, and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- to handle and respond to your queries, feedback, complaints, claims, or disputes;
- to make such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines; or in respect to any investigations, claims, or potential claims brought on or against us.
C.USE OF PERSONAL DATA
- You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose and transfer (whether in the US or abroad) your Personal Data to service providers engaged by us and/or affiliates of Lesso Group to assist us with providing you with our services (including data entry, database management, promotions, products and services alerts, delivery services, membership authentication and verification services, and logistic services) (“Service Providers”). These Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified in “B. Purpose of Collection” above, and not for their own purposes (including direct marketing).
- When necessary, we may also disclose and transfer (whether in the US or abroad) your Personal Data to our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government or statutory authorities, and other organizations for purposes specified in “B. Purpose of Collection” above.
- Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us and will be accessible by our employees, any Service Providers engaged by us, and any third parties referred to in C.2 above for or in relation to any of the purposes stated in “B. Purpose of Collection” above.
- Subject to obtaining your written consent in such form as may be required under applicable laws, we (including our affiliated companies and their designated Service Providers) may use your Personal Data to provide notices, surveys, product alerts, communications, and other marketing materials to you relating to goods and services offered by us on the Website and at the Service Points. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, please write to or email us at the address set out in “D. Right to Access/Correction of Personal Data”. Upon receipt of your request, we will immediately cease using your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- We may share aggregate statistical information that does not allow you to be identified with third parties for various purposes (including marketing and advertising), and may use such information to better understand your needs and to improve and adapt our products and services. We do not provide personally-identifying information without your permission.
D.RIGHT TO ACCESS / CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Lesso Group E-Commerce Development Limited
Unit 3, 12/F, Tower 2
South Seas Centre
No. 75 Mody Road
Tsim Sha Tsui East
Kowloon, Hong Kong
In accordance with the applicable laws, a copy of your Personal Data will be provided to you if requested, upon payment of a reasonable fee for processing of any data access or correction request. However, you will not be charged for requests to correct or update your Personal Data.
A “cookie” is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer (or other electronic device) when you access the Website. A cookie can be sent to your computer’s hard drive only if you access the Website using a computer. If you do not de-activate or erase the cookie, each time you use the same computer to access the Website, our web servers will be notified of your visit to the Website, and in turn we may have knowledge of your visit and the pattern of your usage.
- access your user information so you do not have to re-enter it;
- gather statistical information about usage by users;
- research visiting patterns and help target advertisements based on user interests;
- assist our partners to track user visits to the Website and process orders; and
- track progress and participation in promotions.
You can determine if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring the browser which is installed in the computer you are using to access the Website. If you choose, you can change those configurations. By setting your preferences in the browser, you can accept all cookies, or you can choose to be notified when a cookie is sent, or you can choose to reject all cookies. If you reject all cookies by choosing the cookie-disabling function in your browser, you may be required to re-enter information on the Website more often and certain features of the Website may be unavailable.
Any questions, comments, suggestions, or information other than Personal Data sent or posted to the Website will be deemed voluntarily provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast, and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company, for example, in connection with the development, manufacture and marketing of products and services, and to meet customer needs.
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this Website or submit any Personal Data to us through whatever means unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
H.THIRD PARTY SITES